Thursday 14 July 2011

My Latest Antique Restoration Project.. Gorgeous French Lounger

I am always on the hunt for gorgeous pieces of antique furniture that need some TLC or a make over.
The other week I came across this lovely shaped lounger in one of my local antique dealers warehouse.
Its a great place for finding a bargain and for having a good old fashioned rummage in.
This lounger was looking very sad.
A wonky leg, in fact it fell off, varnished mahogany and covered in the most awful dark swirly fabric as well as being rather dirty.
Straight away though I could see past all of the above and knew what I wanted to do with it.
I adore the colour grey...I think it is so elegant and beautiful, so I knew I wanted to paint it in a beautiful shade of this lovely colour.
I also adore this particular fabric....with its gorgeous rose swags and little birds on beautiful linen.
The final result I am delighted with.
A beautiful piece of furniture restored back to life to be the beautiful piece it deserves to be.
Janey xxx


The "Before" Images of when I started to take it apart & work on this lovely peice:





The Undercoat goes on below:



Little Miss River checking out her new piece of furniture


Starting to paint it in the desired colour:




Now fully restored and looking beautiful 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...